THE MISSIONGATHERING MOVEMENT PRESENTS:
REDISCOVERING A VISION OF HOPE FOR THE CHURCH
SAN DIEGO, CA
SAN DIEGO, CA
REVIVE has been rescheduled for February 22-25 in sunny San Diego, CA. Because of the overwhelming response we have received, we had to reschedule so more people can be a part of this symposium. Special hotel discount rates to be announced soon.
FEATURING SESSIONS ABOUT
- Church Planting & Renewal
- Repurposing our Historic Buildings into Places of Missional Work
- Utilizing our Church Facilities for Sustainable Income
- Team Collaboration for Vision Casting
- DOC Missional Branding
- Progressive Christianity and evangelism, can those two worlds coincide?
- Attractional progressive Christianity and the missional church
- Could the Disciples of Christ be the answer to the spiritually seeking Millennial Generation
- Revitalizing our DOC churches to become sustainable cultivating churches
- Christianity and sexuality
- Becoming Missionally Compelled Regional Ministers
FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS...
The Missiongathering Movement is confident through its experience in emerging progressive Christian congregational ministry, that as the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) we have :
- The right message at the right time; A movement for wholeness in a fragmented world. As part of the one body of Christ, we welcome ALL to the Lord’s Table as God has welcomed us.
- That the Christian Church (The Disciples Christ) churches; new or established can and should have the most compelling message for effective evangelism for today’s seeker. That we must proclaim the message of the good news of the Gospels in creative and sustainable practices
- There are so many “homeless” and disillusioned Christians that are searching for such a denomination/movement as the Christian Church Disciples of Christ.
- The DOC is not just to survive in the post-Christian era that we now find ourselves in; we can thrive as a denomination. To do so, the DOC must plant and revitalize our urban churches, to become hubs of missional work for the kingdom of God
- Reaching out to the “New Spiritual Refugees” — the intergenerational diverse urban dwellers, that are extremely tech-savvy, with online connections, but yet who are so desperately searching for authentic communities that practice an open way of spiritual transformation which leads to acts of justice and reconciliation.
- Our Regional Churches can be the agents of change for the DOC by being locally focused and regionally equipped to plant new DOC attractional-missional communities of faith or intentionally revitalizing our existing congregations to become organically effective ministries in the urban hearts of their regions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
MISSION GATHERING MOVEMENT (DOC) © COPYRIGHT 2017. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.